HELLO HELLO. I’m typing this LIVE FROM FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS. I’m all moved in and awful proud of myself for packing pretty minimalistically (hi mom). Here’s a lil peak of what I was able to pull together. The key: keep it simple and you’ll be good to go!!
I thought I would share some tips on how in the heck I managed to get everything I needed for the next three months in just a few boxes!
leave the knick knacks behind
I looove a good knick knack as much as the next gal, but leave em behind to save space. This move, I kept things very simplistic and cut doown on my knick knacks. Bye bye stack of 60 magazines, momentos from freshmen year and all of my assorted little candles and lucite trays (ahhhh it was painful to leave those behind I love them). I brought one picture frame and one wall hanging along with a few pictures to decorate my bookcase and it only all took up a little space in my storage bin #success
pack only clothes you’ve worn in the past month-two
If you haven’t worn it in the past 4 months, then it probably shouldn’t move with you. Basics are your best friend because they’re basic you can mix and match them bunches of ways! Check the weather prior to your move so you don’t end up with parkas in 95 degree weather or vice versa.
buy necessities when you get there
It’s so easy to want to pack EVERYTHING you’re ever going to need for the move before you leave, but leave the necessities like kitchen supplies, any extra toiletries, and cleaning supplies for when ya arrive. Make a trip to Target once you move in to grab everything you missed/couldn’t fit (try not to spend 2 hrs in there like I always do lol).
If you’re planning a move, whether it’s across the country or just down the street I hope you’ll try and do it as minimalistically as possible. If you know me in real life, I hope you’re proud I was able to leave my knick knacks behind. But dang does it feel good to have a clean start here in Fayetteville with my internship (read more about that here)! I started journaling (which I would so recommend if you already don’t. As someone who always has a million and one things running through her mind it is such a relief to sit down at the end of the day and just unleash all of those thoughts!!), working out a bit and *trying* to save my money. This summer is off to a fab start and I hope it’ll continue!
OOOkkkk so hi. I have been MIA. Life’s been crazy! We haven’t talked in over a month y’all.. I totally feel like I’m on a hiatus One Direction style (ehhmm boys when will you reunite I’m waiting??). I’m wrapping up my junior year here at LSU which I honestly cannot believe…. I’ll do a junior year recap soon for y’all like I always do since those are some of my favorites to write.
But I’m back with a lil update on where I’ve been — aka not inspired, lazy and honestly confused about my life’s direction. Yes, I am a drama queen (don’t have to tell me twice). School wise, things have been easy… almost too easy. I’m pretty much done with all my fashion classes and I’ll finish up my second minor and major in the fall of 2018. But LSU, ya ain’t getting rid of me that quick cause this girl is gonna ride things out as long as I possibly can! I’ll stay in school until May 2019 for fear of missing out on my last SPRING SEMESTER of college (don’t wanna talk about it even though it’s a year away). Here’s what I’ve been up to in some of my classes this semester! Whoo for being creative!
I went to Nashville at the end of March for my spring break and ooooomg if you’ve never been ya GOTTA GO. We ate and drank our way to the entire town and I said sayonara to my bank account for good (no really I have yet to reclaim my once stable-ish financial state). But regardless, it was dang good time! Eatin, drinkin, dancin and just having a good time with good friends was exactly what I needed. If you’re in the mood for some pics keep on scrollin because I’ve got tons.
BEST GRILLED CHEESE. Get the pimento one tooo good. CMA Hall of Fame this was a great breakfast spot!!
After Nashville I sat down and tried to write a recap post, an OOTD, just something but I felt like I was in such a rut! I feel like I was just explaining to y’all a month of two ago about how uninspired I was but I’m back again on that same kick… Ughhhh maybe the summer will bring me some inspo #plzlord
I almost forgot to update y’all on my summer plans.. holy cow I am sooo excited! I’ve been following ShopRiffRaff since I was a junior or senior in high school and I’ve always been obsessed with them. Their branding is so on point and the girls that work there always seem to have SO MUCH FUN. I applied and was offered an internship there as an Operations Intern this summer in Fayetteville, AR. So yeah, I’m moving to AR next week for the next three months which I am really looking forward too but also scared shitless a lil bit too. I’m not gonna know anyone but it’s going to be such a cool experience to step out of my comfort zone (I’m lookin at you Louisiana)! I’ll share a lot more on my experience and move here once I get settled.
ALRIGHT THAT WAS A MOUTHFUL. That’s basically my life right now. It’s a bit chaotic but we are making moves people!! Happy May 1st~
Happy day late hump day! I, for one, know a midweek pick me up is exactly what I need to finish this week off strong. Spring break is approaching and I cannot wait. I totally started this week off on the wrong foot so now I am *trying* to spread positive vibes! So, I thought I would share with y’all a few of my favorite motivational quotes. Make them your phone background for a daily reminder to get stuff done!
Here’s a few things that keep me motivated:
To do lists (can’t live without them for real)
Fountain cokes (y’all laugh but they really get me in the zone)
A good deep dive on Tumblr or Pinterest looking at inspirational quotes
Cleaning up my workspace (bye bye clutter)
We are almost there y’all. Take that motivation and make something out of it. Do whatever ya gotta do to get through this week! We can do it. Keep it positive and you’ll make it.
See y’all on the flip.
gingham pants // top (sold out, but I’ll link similar) // denim jacket (similar) // loafers (similar) // earrings
Gingham… kinda reminds me of a farm girl, Frenchy from Grease and a little bit of the 90s? I am here to tell y’all its back *cue Backstreet Boys song* for spring and summer! And its oh so fun to style. I wanted to edge the pants up a bit so I went for a tee and denim jacket with stars, of course. But I would totally style this with a cute crop top and my Marc Fisher platforms too for a girly look!
My main tip for styling something as bold as the gingham trend is to keep the rest of your look simple. Stick with solid colors or neutrals to bring the focus to the statement piece (whatever it may be). Have fun with your look! I was scared to death to style these pants but once I figured out how to make them work I had so much fun with this outfit! You can try out the trend without spending a lot of money too so don’t let that hold you back! My pants were only $35 and I know for sure you can find something to fit your style for under $50 #ballinonabudget.
There are so many gingham options out there right now and it can be overwhelming trying to figure out what fits your style. The pants are def the boldest. If you wanna be a bit more subtle, try a gingham skirt with a solid top, a dress or a top with jean shorts. I picked all my fave gingham options for the spring and summer and linked em below for y’all! Let me know if you try out the trend! I wanna see how y’all incorporate gingham into your spring wardrobe!
Hiiiii I am giddy typing this right now y’all. It’s finally here! LGIP’s revamp. Let’s just say this was much needed. Last month, I was in a major rut and I knew something needed to be done. This rebrand seemed like the best move for me! It brought me back to the reason LGIP came about: to have a fun space for us gals to hang out and share trends, tips and our love for fashion. LGIP is back in action with a new look and feel!
rebrandin starts like this…
I started off with a central idea of having the new layout being “girl power” centered! That’s where the lips came into play. Is it totally weird to say I love lips? In prints and in artwork they just give me such strong and girly vibes. From the lips came the color scheme. Neutrals with a kick! The coral color is my favorite paired with all my go-to neutral shades (blush and pink). I added in the cheetahs which represent strength (go girls). Then came the new layout which is something more user-friendly and a bit more modern/functional. There’s now a super fab slider up top with some of my favorite posts featured up there.
The whole new vibe of LGIP is gal-centric. I want LGIP to be haven for gals who are for the gals! Let’s have this be a safe space to try out new trends, have fun while doing it and celebrate being women. So with being said, welcome to the new LGIP! SO so happy to have ya here for all the seasons of LGIP. Click around and stay for a while!
Click to download a template for your own rebranding brand board.
It’s gettin hot over here. I know the rest of the country probably isn’t experiencing this spring warmth that us Southerners are having, but hey I am here for it. This awkward transition season always has me questioning what’s “ok” for me to wear.. jeans? Yeah I guess so. White? Obvi (I never follow that rule because white is my favorite color). Straw wedges? Hmmmmmm. Velvet tops? EH idk. Today I’m gonna break a few rules and look good while doin em.
Let me just start with an update on my life: I am broke and I am a shopaholic. There’s too many good sales going on right now for amazing winter pieces I can stock up on for next year and waayyy too many beautiful spring styles coming out. I can’t help myself! When I laid my eyes on these beautiful, pink, straw wedges I knew I had to have them. I’ll admit, they’re pricey but so worth it! If you wanna snag last years colors here’s a few on sale in limited sizes (here, here and here).
I wanted to do something a little fun with this outfit so I paired a velvet cami (which I am in love with btw please go get yourself one you will wear it ALL THE TIME), my favorite distressed jeans (on sale right now), and a statement belt. The end result: a wintery/springy basic but super put together look.
Velvet camis go with almost anything! You could easily style this with some fun printed pants and platforms, a simple skirt, or even white jeans to bring it into spring.
Is there any winter pieces into your closet you wish that you could style into the spring? Comment down below and let’s figure out some new ways to rock em!
If you know me at all in real life, you know how gung-ho I am about music. I listen pretty much 24/7 — walking to class, in the shower, doing homework, just really whenever I get the chance! I thought I would share with y’all my January playlist! Music taste says a lot about a person. I for one, think it’s so interesting to see what everyone’s up to based on their current listens.
I’ll link my playlist below for y’all so you can check it out! While you’re at it, give me a follow on Spotify (I would loveeee that)! The link to listen is here. This month I was all about the mix of old late 1990s pop rock + new dance kinda of stuff (Troye Sivan, Charlie Puth). Of course my girl Tay landed on my list as well. Her reputation album is bomb.
I’ll be traveling this weekend to Dallas for an Alpha Phi conference so I am almost positive the jams will be on blast most of the weekend. I’ll be sure to share some pictures of my lovely conference attire (lol) over on my Insta stories! Wishing y’all a very happy Friday junior!
As I turned 20 last year, I reflected on some things that I learned in my years of life. A year later, and I’m back writing my 21-year-old version. Time is flying by so fast y’all! I was so giddy sitting down to type up this post. MAMA I MADE IT.
Twenty one things I learned by 21:
- An all black outfit is always a good idea. Man do I feel like a million bucks in black on black. Not sure what it is, but this year I have been so drawn to the sophisticated look of an all black ‘fit.
- I am a TOTAL HOMEBODY. Ok, so I knew this before but I really connected to my bed this past year. There’s just something about snuggling in with some Netflix…
- Learn to love your flaws. This year especially, I struggled with severe acne. Accutane saved my skin for real. It got worse before it got better and it made me realize it’s not worth putting on pounds of makeup everyday. Everyone deals with it, so I’m not alone. Although it took me until the end of the year to realize that, it has made a huge difference in my self-confidence.
- I don’t think I could survive without chapstick. It’s truly an essential for me. Put one in every purse/jacket pocket so you’ll never have crusty lips (so gross I know.. but I can thank Accutane for my 8 month stint with those).
- Organization is key. Last year, I talked about my planner as my lifeline and this year I’m going a bit deeper into organization. HAVING YOUR LIFE ORGANIZED MAKES THINGS 100% EASIER/SMOOTHER/BETTER. A clean and organized room/phone/purse is the best feeling in the entire world (don’t @ me).
- Champagne goes with everything.
- Some things are worth the splurge. Before I started working at Hemline, I really didn’t splurge much on clothes. I didn’t even understand the value behind them either. Since learning about sourcing and other factors that go into the making of a garment — I know what’s worth it and what’s not. This year I got a little carried away and splurged on a few things (*cough cough* these jeans, boots, and this top).
- DRINK YOUR WATER kids. I swear I feel like a different human being when I am dehydrated. You can catch me with my huge S’well bottle attached to my hip most days. We need water to function, so please give your body what it needs!
- If you need a cheering up/wishful thinking/crying night watch a rom-com from the 1990s-early 2000s. They’re a one stop shop for any mood I’m ever in. New life goal is to watch every one I can find on the internet. If ya need somewhere to start, I’d go with She’s all That.
- Love to learn. Being open to learning/trying something new can really change your life! While I do hate to learn I’m doing something wrong (I’m a total type A), it’s even better to be taught how to do things right. I’ll forever be student!
- Each year I am consistently reminded of how amazing the women in my life truly are. Each and every one is so strong and I simply could not imagine where in the world I would be if I did not have them. Alpha Phi especially has shown me that as women we really do have the power to make a difference #girlpower!
- Self tanner has saved my life. This year especially, I’ve really tried to be cautious about my exposure to the sun so self tanner has been my absolute go-to year round. I really helps me to look like I am a real live human being and not a ghost. Shouts to this one because it’s $20 and my all time fave.
- Totally going against my splurge rant a minute ago, but I’ve really tried (keyword: tried) to save this year. Hey, I don’t have much time left until I’m going to have to enter the real world (oooh scary) so I am gonna have to have some funds to make it?? I’ve been putting a little bit of each check in savings this year! Although I’ll have to start over after my summer internship (que the Kim K gif of her fanning out the money), my savings up until then will have been worth it.
- THERE IS NOTHING BETTER IN THE WORLD THAN A NICE COLD FOUNTAIN COKE. Do not fight me on this because you know it’s true.
- Clean sheets after a shower… need I say more?
- Social media is fun.. but it’s does not define who you are or your success. I am still learning this fact of life…. Often times, I find myself scrolling through instagram and only thinking negatively of myself and the work I am putting out there. That’s not what’s it’s about. Instagram is not real life. I’m still working on that insecure feeling that I get when I log on to the gram but I think this is probably something many of us struggle with!
- Spotify is number 1. Life is just better with music, anytime, anywhere. My taste is all over the place (accurate parallel to my personality) and Spotify is my favorite for finding and organizing all ma tunes.
- Learn to treat yourself. Down time is key! Netflix and a fountain coke are always my remedies for a relaxing night.
- Working for what you have is more rewarding than anything. Y’all know those warm fuzzies that you get in the pit of your stomach? Mine normally come from those moments when I can look back and see the fruits of my labor!
- One Direction > all boys ever.
- Your 20s are where it’s at! Although I am only one year in, I can tell this phase of my life will really define me!
Here’s to another year of life! 21, lets hope you’re the best year yet. Cheeerrrrzzz!