I don’t know about y’all but I live for a good sweater. They’re my favorite year round top and I don’t think you can ever have enough! The key to rocking sweaters in the spring is to get lightweight sweaters you can layer if needed but won’t be to hot if you live in the deep south like me. So without further ado, today’s spring sweater post! sweater // jeans // shoes (similar) // hat
If you want a laugh, peep a retro spring sweater blog post here. Clearly I’ve been loving sweaters for the spring for quite some time now. Does anything ever really change with me? Haha, good question! Since it’s actually getting a little chilly here in South Louisiana, I’m doing jeans with my sweaters. But, when it gets warm I’ll be opting for some jean shorts. These jeans are my latest obsession and I can be spotted in them at least twice a week (oops). Snatch em up ladies- they’re on sale! Plus that hem is gonna be bomb for all your spring sneakers (mine are here) and espadrilles. I can see it now… Warm weather come soon please I’m begging!
Red is my color right now and I am loving everything western lately too. Cowboy take me away…. But in all seriousness the detail on this sweater is to die for! It’s got lace up detailing on the sleeves and even on the back in the shape of a bull. SO unique and so very sassy! I went for a hat because, hey, why not (might as well go all out western) and threw on my favorite snakeskin belt too. All together an easy, standout spring sweater look. *Cue the claps*
I mainly wanted to do this post today to give y’all some Wildfox STEALS. Yep, the best, softest, cutest sweatshirts all on sale under $50?! HMU GIRL I KNOW YOU WANT ONE. Not only do I love Wildfox jumpers, but their sweaters and shorts/pants are fan-freaking-tastic too! I’m always on the hunt for good sales on Wildfox because I cannot justify spending $100 on a sweatshirt. SO that’s where my boo Nordstrom Rack comes in. Always the best selection and the best prices over there. Y’all go check out all my current faves below!
HELLO HELLO! I am over the moon to be sitting down to chat with y’all today. These posts are by far my favorite to write and I am so blessed to be typing up my third one as we speak (read 20 and 21). So sit down, relax and grab a drink – let’s dive in!
Twenty-two things I learned by 22:
- Dying my hair has legit made me a better person? Not sure what it is but when I started dying my hair dark brown, I really grew into myself? I guess it took a drastic change to make me feel good? Idk. But every time I die my hair dark, I have some sort of good luck so if I can have that every 3-4 months I will take it!
- Never be afraid to make a friend. It’s so funny how you can make a friend in the most unexpected places. This summer, I met one of my best friends by being creepy and texting her about moving to Fayetteville. Now look where we are! A summer of working together, countless FT calls, lots of pizza, margs, and cries on the bathroom floor – we are closer than ever!
- Oldies are the best. Huuuuuge 70s, 80s, and 90s fan over here.
- Vodka. Tonic. But only if someone else makes it for you? I cannot make my own drinks for the life of me. I should prob work on that…
- Buy the jeans- they will be worth it! I never really splurged on jeans but once I did and I’ll never go back.
- Journalling can save lives! I won’t drag on about this because you’ve def heard me talk about it here and here. But bottom line: getting your thoughts out onto paper is therapeutic on another level.
- I still don’t understand boys. Don’t think I ever will? Anyone with me?
- Summer internships are life changing (RiffRaff, I CAN’T THANK YA ENOUGH). Breaking your routine is necessary and for me it really allowed me to break out of my shell and gain some new experiences! You learn a lot about yourself when you’re outside of your comfort zone. Fay, I miss and love ya toooo much.
- Old cars teach you alllll the life lessons. The Frat Wag and I have truly been through too much to recap but I’ll just sum it up this way: I now know how to do a plethora of things under the hood of a car! 19 years and counting and we are still trucking. I am thankful!
- Melatonin, I love you angel. I have been using melatonin (keep in mind I DO NOT take it every night) for a deep sleep. It’s honestly one of my best tricks I’ve learned this year. Beauty sleep is key ladies!
- Credit cards are the devil but they are also amazing? I talked a bit about about money management in my 2019 goals but bottom line get your finances in line! This year I have become HORRIBLE at managing my money (it’s called online shopping) so I need to learn how to be better because this girl is about to be an adult y’all!
- Take the trip – the opportunity won’t always be there! I took a spontaneous trip to NYC this summer and I am so so happy I did. When I say spontaneous I mean I planned it two weeks or so in advance, but it really felt spontaneous to me #typeA.
- Chance the Rapper is my MF boo thang. Did I live under a rock until 2018? APPARENTLY!
- I would do many things for Calvin’s (a grocery store in Baton Rouge) chicken salad. With wheat thins! Be still my heart!
- There will always be people who doubt you, talk bad about you, and don’t support you. The hardest but most rewarding thing to do is continue to do your own thing and prove em allllll wrong. Not that you need approval from others to be validated but I think showing someone you CAN and WILL do something is the most liberating feeling.
- American airlines and I do not get along. Cancelled flights, lost bags, delayed flights, and flight voucher issues… the list goes on. I wish I could say I’m done with them but I know I’m going to have to fly with them again. Ain’t that fun?
- Learn how to give yourself an at home blowout and you will never be the same! The volume! The round brush! Ugh, I love the way my hair feels after a fresh blow out so do yourself a favor and watch some youtube vids to get the technique down. You’ll thank me later!
- Stop being so critical! I am my own biggest critic and sometimes it really holds me back. I’ve learned to loosen the reins *just a bit but everyone is a work in progress ok* and I can say I’ve enjoyed life a lot more. Don’t take yourself too seriously! Life is fun, make it that way!
- Everyone needs a pair of MuMu bells. They are my favorite pants in the world. SO flattering and so comfy.
- Y’all need to go to Chili’s. Chips and salsa, soup and salad and a big fat Coke for under $15? Sign me up. Plus they have a banging marg if you’re ballin on a budget.
- I’m becoming a crazy hat lady. I’ve accepted it. I’ve embraced it.
- Make time for the ones that matter. Most of the time when I get home from work or school, I don’t ever wanna leave my room until the next day for work or school again haha. But time is short and you’ll never regret spending time with the people you love even if it means you have to leave your comfy af bed.
HONESTLY SHOCKED I MADE IT THIS FAR! 21, YOU WERE BOMB. 22, I KNOW YOU’LL BE EVEN BETTER. CHEERS!
A VERY HAPPY 2019 TO Y’ALL! In the midst of all of the chaos that has been my life for these past two months, I have not been present on my fave lil corner of the web. For that I’m sorry! Senior year has really got me goin craaaazy (in the best/worst ways). BUT I am back for a lil #girltalk #realtalk which happens to be y’alls favorite to read and mine to write! This post could seriously be ALLL over the place but I think that’s the point of a #realtalk. It’s not always going to be the most linear, easy-to-follow kind of post but it’s gonna be a good ole venting session and who doesn’t need one of those?!
Now, before we get started let’s dip our toes in the warm waters that are new years resolutions, new years goals, new years whatever-you-wanna-call-em. Yeah sure, they can be a great motivator for those first few months, weeks, or days (lol) of the year but how do you actually be sure you accomplish them?! I don’t necessarily like to call them new years resolutions; I prefer to call/make them into goals. The best way to set goals is to make them achievable, measurable and to set benchmarks so you can make it happen. Keep them posted on a sticky on your desktop, in your planner, or just somewhere that you’ll see them everyday. Keep em in the front of your mind!
As someone who personally has a track record of forgetting about these so-called resolutions half way through the year, I feel you if this is something you struggle with. Let’s just be honest about it, y’all. Things are not going to change unless you do something to change them! 2019 has the potential to be your year so get in there and pave your path to whatever your heart desires.
There’s always been the mantra of “new year, new me” and it’s something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. As good as it can feel to “leave it all behind in 2018” I don’t honestly think it’s possible. This season is all about reflection: of where we’ve come from and where we have been. Use what you have learned whether it be from success or from failure TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. You don’t have to shut out all of the bad to get to the good! It’ll help you to grow. Learn from 2018, and use it to BE better and DO better in 2019. Because of 2018, you are changed!
With all this talk of change and goal-setting for a better year, here’s a peak into what I have challenged myself to achieve this year!
- Move more confidently and fearlessly. This is your life, and you are the one who has the ability to make things different. Confidence for me has come with age as well as out of hardships and challenges. I want to continue to learn from mistakes and work on being more confident in the decisions I am making in my life. Will this be my most difficult goal for the year? Heck to the yes. It’s not as much of a check yes or no goal but I think I’ll be able to look back by the end of the year to see whether or not I’ve moved confidently to get to that point!
- Learn to be more spontaneous. This seems to be a reoccurring pattern of mine as I did have a similar goal for myself this year. I definitely improved on that but I still have ways to go! As a TYPE A, it is sooo challenging to go off the books and be spontaneous. But it’s so rewarding to be able to live in the moment (even if it’s just for a day or two). With my new job (I’ll be a traveling consultant for my sorority this upcoming school year) that I’m starting in July, I think this’ll be easier to make happen. I won’t have a home-base per say, so jumping from place to place will 100 percent take me out of my comfort zone and methodical-like schedule I’ve been stuck in. Maybe I’ll try a new Starbucks drink or get another sub at Jimmy Johns that’s not the Vito? The options are truly endless.
- Take the time to be selfish. Ok, this may sound bad but hear me out? I’m going to be traveling for a living, going from place to place, mostly alone, at the back half of 2019. As a soon-to-be 22 year-old, I really feel like this is my time. It’s my opportunity to learn about myself, to do things for myself without reason! I may as well take this time in my early-twenties to be selfish, while I still can.
- Continue to journal (if not daily at least weekly). If you’ve read the blog before, you have definitely heard me talk about my newfound love for journaling. I LIVE FOR IT. Don’t know about y’all, but for me there is something about writing the thoughts in my head down on paper that is extremely therapeutic. I want to be able to look back through all my journals in the future and see my growth!
- Make a big girl purchase. Maybe a bag or pair of shoes? Still accepting suggestions, so let me know what y’all got. With me finally getting my first big-girl job after school, I am really wanting to buy myself something that I’ll have forever! It’s gonna feel amazing when I can actually afford something nice for myself! But until then, catch me with my fake Gucci :/
- NEW YORK AND CALIFORNIA. I’ll be traveling for a living, but I gotta get my butt back to New York (it’s one of my favorite places in the world…I’m obsessed with all of it) in order to keep me sane!! California has been on my bucket list forever so fingers crossed I can visit this spring!
- Find the joy in the little things. Like I’ve previously, stated my type A personality doesn’t always allow me to stop and enjoy the little things. In an effort to be a more appreciative person in general, I think finding happiness in the little things, no matter how small, is the best way to start!
- Even in those ruts, continue to create. This year especially, I allowed myself to shut down if I was stuck in a creative rut. This year I want to push myself to keep on creating when I’m not motivated to. Easier said then done, but some of my best work has come from pushing through that bump in the road. Being a self-proclaimed profectionist hasn’t helped me thus far, but I’m hoping my change in scenery will be inspiring to say the least!
- Money! Management! Yeah, I really gotta start adulting and get my money in track. I am a shopahaulic which complicates my saving money an awful lot lol. This year, I hope to start CONSISTENTLY saving a part of my paycheck. When I’m done traveling, I gotta start real life and there’s gonna be hella expenses/bills to pay. So if you see me spending copious amounts of money before I put my pre-portioned savings in it’s account, feel free to smack me across the face. I’ll thank ya later.
WHEW. Ok that was a mouthful. If you’re still reading, thank you. You’re an angel. Anyone wanna talk 2019 or even 2018? Leave me a comment below or message me on Instagram! Cheers to where we’ve come from and cheers to where we are headed!